Many Windows 11 users encounter error code 0x80071AB1 when trying to download and install a pending Windows update.
This error generally pops up due to the common WU issues and concerns and sometimes automatically gets fixed with a system reboot.
Methods to Fix the Error Code 0x80071AB1 in Windows 11
Update Windows 11
1.Firstly, go to the Settings application, and then select Windows Update
2. Next, click on Check for updates to scan for any updates and if found, download and install them.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
To resolve this error code,
- 1. Firstly, click on the Start button and then select the settings option
- 2. Next, click on the System button in the left pane and go to troubleshoot option in the right pane
- 3. After that, click on Other Troubleshooter option
- 4. Finally, select Window Update option and Run the troubleshooter
Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- 1. Firstly, open Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator
- 2. Next, in the CMD window, enter the command sfc/scannow and press Enter
- 3. Finally, once the scan is complete restart your system
Run Windows Update service for Windows Error Code 0x80071AB1
- 1. Firstly, open the Run app, type services.msc and click on OK button.
- 2. Secondly, open the Services app.
- 3. Now, open Windows Update service and double-click on it launch the Properties.
- 4. After that, click on the Startup type dropdown menu, and select Automatic from the list of options.
- 5. Here, if the service isn’t running, click on the Start button under Service status,
- 6. Also wait for it to run, and click on OK to save the changes.
- 7. Finally, restart the system and check if the 0x80071AB1 error is resolved.
- Simultaneously, if you wish to see the procedure for paid service, you can ask our Tech Available online here on this page.
- If you are still not able to resolve this issue. We recommend you to Chat with our experts. I am sure they will help you resolve this error.