This issue may occur if the Windows security .dll files are registered incorrectly.
Windows 10 & 8
Use the System Update Readiness Tool to resolve this issue. This tool will scan your computer for inconsistencies that may cause Windows Error Code 80072ee2 to occur. To run the System Update Readiness Tool, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Type the command prompt in the search box.
- In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run as administrator.
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands exactly as they appear. Press the enter key after each command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
Follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, then type msinfo32 in the Search box. Click msinfo32.
- Your version of Windows will be listed next to OS Name and your file type (x64 or x86) will be listed next to System Type.
- Choose the appropriate language in the Change Language list, and then click Download.
- When you are prompted to do so, click Run to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the System Update Readiness Tool.