The Outlook Classic Ribbon consists of various options and commands that are used to achieve the tasks in Outlook.
For example, you can click buttons on the Outlook Classic Ribbon to
- 1. Create a new email
- 2. Delete emails
- 3. Open a new meeting request
- 4. Assign a category to an item.
However, the Classic Ribbon does take up a lot of space on your screen.
Switch to the Simplified Ribbon
To switch back and forth between the Simplified Ribbon and the classic ribbon, click the downward pointing caret in the lower right corner of the full, classic ribbon to collapse it to the Simplified Ribbon.
The Simplified Ribbon displays frequently used commands in a single line.
For instance, if you don’t see a button that you require on the Simplified Ribbon, you will have many options.
1.Firstly, enter the command you require in the Tell me what you want to do box at the top of the screen. Outlook will show you both the command you require and help for that command.
2. If a button on the Simplified Ribbon has a downward pointing arrow next to it, click that arrow to see other, similar commands.
How to get the Classic Ribbon in Outlook?
- Depending on the Outlook version, Outlook has either one or two different buttons which control Ribbon layout:
1.Rectangle with an up arrow button, next to the minimize button. You may or may not have this button.
2. Similarly, Angle bracket pointing down button in the lower-right corner of the Ribbon. You will have this button.
- To see all buttons:
- Step 1:
- If you do not see the “rectangle with an up arrow” button
1.Firstly, click on the “rectangle with an up arrow” button.
2. Finally, click on “Show Tabs and Commands“.
- Step 2:
1. Firstly, click on the “angle bracket pointing down“.
2. After that, select Classic Ribbon under “Ribbon Layout“.
3. Finally, select Always show Ribbon under “Show Ribbon“.
- For instance, you are still having a problem while resolving this concern, we advise you to consult our Technical Support team as I assure you that they will help you better.
- Finally, we also recommend you to learn the procedure for our paid support, you can ask the Tech available online here on this page.