Office error code 0x80070005 pops up with a message stating that “We’re sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this for you right now. Please try again later. (0x80070005)” when activating Office.
How to Solve Office activation error 0x80070005?
Scan for Malware and viruses
1.The error 0x80070005 also occurs due to the malware or a virus, which can delete or alter your important system files, such as the Windows Registry.
2. To make sure that your system is not affected by malware, run the Windows Security,
3. After the scan, restart your PC and try to install the Windows updates
Perform a Clean Boot for Office error code 0x80070005
1.Firstly, go to Start menu and type ‘msconfig’
2. Secondly, go to Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft Services and click on Disable All.
3. After that, go to Start-up tab, and click on Open Task Manager.
4. Now, select any program that is troubling and click on Disable.
5. After this, click on OK and close the window.
6. Finally, restart your PC to begin the clean boot
SFC (System File Checker) for Office error code 0x80070005
- To perform this scan,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu, type in ‘cmd,’ and run the Command prompt as an administrator.
- Finally, type SFC /scannow in the command prompt and hit Enter.
- In addition, you can check the reviews, if you have problem in resolving this error code, we advise you to choose a Technical Support to help you solve this error. You can also take advise from our Tech available online here on this page.