When installing the Microsoft Office 365/2019 on the PC users come across this “Background installation ran into a problem” error. Before we proceed to start Microsoft Office 365/2021 Background installation, as a precaution, we request you to take a backup of the registry and create a restore point on the PC. (You will need Admin rights)******
How to Fix the Microsoft 365/2021 Background Installation Ran into a Problem?
Disable Windows Firewall and Defender or third-party antivirus
Temporarily turning off Proxy Settings for background installation ran into a problem
(You will need Admin rights)***
Go to Control Panel:
Windows 10 and Windows 11:
1) Press Windows Key + Q Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Search Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Select the Connections Box Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
- Click on Start and then Click On Control Panel from Right Pane.
- SFC /SCANNOW Command Scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
- Similarly, to perform this scan process, one should have administrator rights on the command prompt, which can be opened as an administrator by right-clicking on it.
- How to open the command prompt as an administrator in Windows 10 and 11
Get a Fix it tool from this link CLICK HERE
Windows 10 and Windows 8, 8.1
Troubleshoot using Windows Store
- Firstly, Press Windows key + X, and choose Settings.
- Secondly, Choose Update & Security from the menu.
- After that, Select Troubleshooting, and then scroll down to the Windows Store Apps, and click on it to run the troubleshooter.
- Finally, Restart your PC and retry installing Microsoft Office.