This article describes an Error code 0xc004fc03. There are cases which are similar to product activation and licensing issues. However, it can be due to hardware changes. Also, if excess number of activation are being done using the same product key, it may result in windows product activation issues.
Note that, this error code is applicable to the following Operating systems:-
- Windows 8/8.1, 10,11 server 2008 and windows 2012
In addition, above error code 0xc004fc03 also shows error 0xC004B008. For instance, if the activation server denies the activation code.
Above all, it results with the code 0xc004fc03. The basic reason for this is a wrong product key or unauthorize key entry
Quick Steps to solve this Error Code 0xc004fc03 :
Basic troubleshooting start with the checking of system date and time. There could be network challenges due to Intermittent connectivity issues. If the time zone is set incorrectly, the system cannot reach Microsoft servers. Make it your local time zone from where you are trying to activate Office or Windows.
In other words, the activation keys are not working. However, you can take the assistance of a technician here. After that, the techs can track the product keys on Microsoft Product activation pages to verify the validity.
In addition, you can also follow the below steps:
- Clean temporary files
- Clean booting of your computer
- Run a sfc scan
- Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers.
- Make sure no proxy behind your internet connection.
- Repair your program or Operating systems.
Clean temporary Files:
- Open Run (windows key + R KEY)
- Type in %temp% and press enter key
- Select all (CTRL+A) and delete all files (SHIFT +DELETE )
Clean booting of your computer:
- Open Run command window (windows key + R)
- Type msconfig and press enter,
- Goto General Tab and choose “selective startup ” from the options
- Uncheck “load startup items“,
- Then goto “services “tab from the top menu selection,
- Tick on Hidel all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all tab
After that, right click on taskbar to open Task Manager.
- For instance, un-check each startup item and click OK.
- After that, restart your computer.
In conclusion, if nothing works as mentioned above, you can try to restore system by doing exactly opposite steps like Enabling all services in 5th step, and again in the 8th step enable all services that you want to start automatically (like onenote, skype,email etc ) when your computer starts.
After that, Run SFC scan:
- Open cmd as administrator,
- Type in sfc /scannow and press enter, then wait for its completion.
- It will take some time to finish the scanning process , if it shows any errors in the results, we have to follow proper actions suitable to solve the error.
The sfc /scannow command will scan all the system files, and replace corruptions with a copy or new system files frmo %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process finishes.
Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers:
It is a preliminary check to test the network when comes to a click to run versions. Office installation or updates would need an open network to make the client receive the updates.
We can test using the command prompt.
once the command prompt window opens, type the following command line
you can replace office365 with your versions.
The resultant should be the address of Microsoft servers.
Make sure no proxy behind your internet connection:
Proxy connections hides the original IP address from hackers. This internet protection mode is widely uses by the company networks. The proxy server should be configured by the network admins to route the office server IP address. if not, the proxy should be temporarily disabled.
Repair your program or Operating systems:
Above all, if nothing helps, go for resetting windows 10 on your computer. Follow the step to repair your computer operating system.
- Goto windows search bar left side bottom corner (Cortana search bar now)
- Type in “Reset” you can directly find Setting for reset your PC.
- Then under the RESET PC, click on get started button to proceed.
- There are two options to keep your files and complete clean. (You must take backup of your desktop files, pictures, downloads, documents before proceeding to complete clean.)
- After reset, you may do updates cleanly without any issue. This resetting process takes time so please do it when you don’t have any urgent work with your computer.
In addition, it is applicable for Microsoft Office and it’s versions. If the programs are given to you by IT persons in your company, please recall the previous emails and check your product keys. In case if it is for your personal use, cross check if the programs are showing their validity under your Microsoft account.
If you have any trouble with username or password, make sure to use the Forgot password to fix the forgotten Microsoft Passwords on the page.
For any additional technical support, please initiate a chat with our Support Professionals, We are experts in resolving the Microsoft Office or Windows issues.
Chat with our technician to fix your windows activation issues Now!