This article describes an error code 0x80072F8F. If more no of activation are being done using the same windows activation product key, it may cause windows product activation issues. Another code explained along with this above error code is 0xC004B008. If the windows activation server denies the activation code entered, this could result in the above windows activation error code 0x80072F8F. Common issues related to activation are an unauthorized key entry.
Error Code 0x80072F8F troubleshooting
Basic windows troubleshooting start with the checking of system date and time. There could be network challenges due to Intermittent connectivity issues. If the time zone is set incorrectly, the system cannot be recognized by Microsoft servers. Make it your local time zone from where you are trying to activate Office 2021/365 or Windows. So that we can track the product keys on Microsoft Product code activation pages to verify the validity.
Windows troubleshooting steps for the error code 0x80072F8F
- Firstly, Clean temporary files
- After this, clean booting of your computer
- Then, run a sfc scan
- Now, ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers
- After that, make sure no proxy behind your Internet connection
- Finally, repair your program or windows Operating systems
- 0x80072f8f office 365 activation
Clean temporary Files for the error code 0x80072F8F
- Firstly, open Run (windows key + R KEY)
- Secondly, type in %temp% and press enter key
- Finally, select all (CTRL+A) and delete all files (SHIFT +DELETE )
Clean booting of your computer
- Firstly, open Run command window (windows key + R)
- Secondly, type msconfig and press enter
- After this, go to General Tab and choose “selective startup ” from the options
- Now, uncheck “load startup items”
- Then go to the “services “tab from the top menu selection
- After that, check the Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all tab
- Now click the Start-up tab. Click on Open Task Manager
- Finally, Under the status bar, right-click each enabled start up item and select Disable and OK
- Now restart your computer
Run SFC scan for solving the error code 0x80072F8F
- Firstly, open cmd as administrator
- Finally, type in sfc /scannow and press enter, then wait for its completion
It will take some time to finish the scanning process , if it shows any errors in the results you need to do proper action suitable to the error. The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note – Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers
It is a preliminary check to test the network when comes to a click to run versions. Windows updates would need an open network to make the client receive the updates. Similarly, once the command prompt window opens, type the following command line nslookup update.microsoft.com . The resultant should be the address of Microsoft servers.
Make sure no proxy behind your internet connection
Proxy connections are used to hide the original IP address from hackers. The proxy server should be configured by the network admins to route the office server IP address. If not, the proxy should be temporarily disabled.
Repair your program or Operating systems to fix the error code 0x80072F8F
In windows 10 update resetting your computer is a simple task, Follow the step to repair your computer operating system
- Firstly, go to windows search bar left side bottom corner (Cortana search bar now)
- After this, Go to settings
- Next go to Update & Security
- Click on Recovery
- Finally, RESET PC, click on get started button to proceed
- Now, there are two options to keep your files and complete clean (You must take a backup of your desktop files, pictures, downloads, documents before proceeding to complete clean)
- After that, you can update cleanly without any issue. This resetting process takes time so please do it when you don’t have any urgent work with your computer
Also, it is applicable to Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 and its versions. If the programs are provided to you by IT persons in your company, please recall the previous emails and check your product keys. Consequently, if you have any trouble with username or password, make sure to use the Forgot password to fix the forgotten Microsoft Passwords on the page.
For any additional technical support, please initiate a chat with our Support Professionals, We are experts in resolving the Microsoft Office or Windows related issues. However, chat with our technician to fix your windows activation issues Now!
Related issues to windows activation error code 0x80072F8F
- 1 Error Code 0x80072F8F troubleshooting
- 1.1 Windows troubleshooting steps for the error code 0x80072F8F
- 1.2 Clean temporary Files for the error code 0x80072F8F
- 1.3 Clean booting of your computer
- 1.4 Run SFC scan for solving the error code 0x80072F8F
- 1.5 Ping the network stats with the Microsoft Servers
- 1.6 Make sure no proxy behind your internet connection
- 2 Repair your program or Operating systems to fix the error code 0x80072F8F