Upgrading Microsoft Office Programs such as word, excel, PowerPoint from one version to another depends on the type of Office 365/2021/2019 product your currently have.
If your current version of Office is a one-time purchase version of Office such as Office Home & Student or Office Home & Business. To upgrade, you need to purchase the latest version.
Before Upgrading Microsoft 365 Program or Office 2021/2019/365 Programs:
- Make sure your system meets all the requirements for the newest version of Office.
- After the installation completes, your new version of Microsoft 365 or Office 365/2021/2019 should update automatically.
- If you uninstall office before installing the new version, your Office 365 files won’t be deleted, but if your version of Microsoft 365 or Office 365/2021/2019 includes Outlook you should back up your Outlook data files.
How do I Upgrade to a Newer Version of Office?
To upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft 365 program or Office 2021/2019/365 program, follow this procedure:
1. Firstly, Open any Office app, such as Word, and create a new document.
2. Secondly, go to the File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook).
3. Thirdly, under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.
4. Finally, close the “You’re up to date!” window after Office is done checking for and installing updates.
Note: Click Enable Updates first if you don’t see the Update Now option right away.
Suggestion to Upgrade Microsoft Office Programs:
- Always be sure that you are ready to update your software before you click on Update Now button,
- If you are not sure to upgrade the version, choose View Updates first and review your options before proceeding.
- In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist, we give you assurance about your money and the service. You can also ask the Tech available online here on this page.
- If you have problem in upgrading Office programs, we advise you to Chat with our Microsoft chat support team from us to help you better.