If you use Outlook 2021/2019/365 as your email client, you may need to configure your Gmail settings to make sure your emails are properly synced and organized.
How to Set Up Outlook for Gmail?
Enable IMAP Access in Gmail
To configure Gmail settings for Outlook 365, you first need to enable IMAP access in Gmail. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings”
- Click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
- Under the “IMAP Access” section, select “Enable IMAP”
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page
Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook
Once you have enabled IMAP access in Gmail, you can add your Gmail account to Outlook. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Outlook
- Click on “File” in the top-left corner of the screen and select “Add Account”
- Enter your email address and click “Connect”
- Enter your Gmail password and click “Connect”
- Outlook will automatically configure your Gmail settings and add your Gmail account to your Outlook profile
Adjust Gmail Settings for Outlook
After you have added your Gmail account to Outlook, you may want to adjust some settings to customize your experience. Here are some settings you may want to consider:
- Folders: You can choose which Gmail folders are synced to Outlook by right-clicking on your Gmail account in the left-hand panel and selecting “IMAP folders”. From there, you can select which folders to display in Outlook.
- Sync Settings: You can choose how frequently Outlook checks for new email and how far back it syncs by clicking on “File” > “Options” > “Advanced”. From there, you can adjust your sync settings.
- Labels: If you use labels to organize your Gmail inbox, you can view those labels in Outlook by clicking on “View” > “Change View” > “Manage Views”. From there, you can select which labels to display in Outlook.
By following these steps, you can configure your Gmail settings for Outlook and ensure that your emails are properly synced and organized.
Gmail is not working
If email is not working with Outlook, please cross-verify the password by logging into webmail.
We will make you understand how to fix Gmail settings Outlook and you can also seek email support services from here. You can also chat with our experts here, I am sure they will provide you the perfection solutions to resolve your issue completely. You can also visit our website for more details and information