This describes the Microsoft Office error code 30174-4 encountered that many users were having trouble repairing or installing office programs on their Windows and Mac computers. The major issues pop up due to Office licensing, Windows updates, insufficient system resources like disk space, Internet connectivity, etc.
Diagnose Your Computer to Fix Error Code 30174-4:-
An event viewer is a log of every action on your computer that records all events. This Windows built-in feature provides all information for the problem-causing keys. They are caused due to failure of the Windows-related services and its executable file is unable to read the necessary files when installing Office 365/2021/2019.
Perform System File Scan:-
- System file scan in short SFC scan is windows inbuilt program to fix altered/modified and damaged files of the operating system. It can fix several updates failures, other violations done by several mismatched files.
- To Run system file scan in your windows operating system, first Open command prompt (CMD) in admin mode and Run the command SFC/SCANNOW
- Office error codes also can be fixed with this scan if they are not damaged much.
- If you see any file violations still exists after scan, then move to the Event viewer to check what has been caused by the office installation error 30174-4
How to use Event Viewer to Check Office Error Logs:-
- Click on a start button.
- Type “RUN” and open the Run command prompt.
- Type “EVENTVWR” and press enter key to open Eventvwr logs.
- Double click on “windows logs” from the left-side panel and select “application”.
- Now you can see many logs in the center panel.
- Filter the logs to find office related issues and warnings by selecting Filter current log option from the Right side panel.
- Find any critical, error logs the caused error code 30174-4.
If you can’t find any reasons for the issues then just take a chance to do a clean installation to save your time.
Steps to Fix the error code 30174-4:-
Sometimes office won’t install due to several reasons like internet connectivity, dependencies for the product or any virus that affected your computer files etc. Then all you have to do a clean installation by removing traces of office program files existed from previous versions or by multiple office installation trails by you due to several errors.
Remove Temporary Files:-
In the process of installing office or any product on your windows machines, there are so many files gets created which are meant for temporary purpose for memory management, within application purposes like MDI etc.
Under normal conditions, these files are closed and deleted by Windows when you quit a Windows session. However, if you quit Windows in an irregular way (for example, restarting the computer or turning it off during an active Windows session) the files are not closed or deleted.
To remove temporary files, Follow these steps,
Click on windows start button + “R” to open the run command window.
Type “%temp%” and click on the enter button, this leads to a window with temp files and folders.
Select all (CTRL+A) “Shift + Delete” to remove permanently,
There may be some files requires admin permission to remove, Just click on ok. Only a few files cant be deleted because of there are some application might be using them internally. Skip those files.
Error Code 30174-4 Fix by Removing Office Traces from Program Files :-
In some cases, Office installation may stop because of several reasons like slow internet, server issues etc. Then your machine creates some of files required to office 365/2013/201933333 product.
When you try to re-install this time, You may see issues like these type of error code 30174-4 and different series based on the reason of failure.
You have to delete these Office traces from the computer before trying re-installation process.
Repair/Uninstall office program: –
Applies To: Office 2019, Office for business, Office 365 Admin, Office 365 Small Business Admin, Office 2021.
The following procedure shows you how to uninstall Office 2019 or 2021 products on your system. For other new versions of Office and try to uninstall Microsoft Office by using the Control Panel. If that does not work, use this to easily fix the tool or try uninstalling Office manually.
For Windows 10:-
- And Go to the control panel and Select the Programs and features to reach list of installed programs on your system.
- From a list, check Microsoft Office products and click to the Change button.
- A window will open displaying the Add, Repair, and Remove options.
- Once repair is completed use the Microsoft office products again
- To uninstall the follow above steps and choose to Remove it instead of repairing.
IMPORTANT: It’s impossible to uninstall office applications (word, excel, publisher etc.) individually from total office product. The only way to uninstall an individual app is if you purchased it as a stand-alone version.
Installing Office Product:-
- Firstly, go to Microsoft office account www.office.com/ and sign in to account.
- Secondly, check this dashboard and look into product that you have purchased.
- After that, Select the “Install Office “option and download it
- Finally, check downloads on your system and double-click to the setup file for install.
- If the error code 30174-4 still persists then try an advanced registry fix if you are familiar with it.
Windows Registry Fix:-
Registry in Windows displays the structure of Windows Operating system and its internal programs. The Hex codes inside the registry will change due to unnecessary programs. To fix this office install error 30174-4 in office 365/2019/2021 and delete the modified Office Registry keys or remove and re-creates the keys with older values.
Office Error Code 30174-4 Returns Following Error Messages:-
- Something went wrong Error code 30174-4 Go online for additional help.
- Office is Busy, There is a problem starting the Office Installation.
- We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program.
- Sorry installation can’t continue because no compatible office products are detected.
- We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of the files required to install your office product.
- Internet connection needed. Office error code 30174-4 .
- Background installation ran into a problem.
Something Went Wrong Error Code 30174-4 Go Online for Additional Help:
When you are starting an Office application, you receive an error stating that “Something went wrong”. If the operating system is not able to add or remove the products requested, It requests you to verify the file’s signature and install office 365 products. Usually, it returns error code series 300XX, or 1xxx series depending on cause of the related issue.
Internet connection needed. Office Error Code 30174-4:
This error message happens due to internet problems when performing online repairs for your office product. You can do a quick offline repair. And also installation needs an proper internet connectivity
The new Office 365 suite comes with click-to-run feature that has a short setup file that will start Microsoft 365 installation. Due to intermittent connection or connectivity failures, you will see Microsoft office 365/2021/2019 installation error code 30174-4.
Background Installation Ran into a Problem:
Background installation pops up when Office program-related files are corrupted. It is necessary to repair Office applications. And also, a malware and or virus related issues can be checked in PCs
Unable to Start Office Program:
The message shows that official program has been stopped by your Windows. This should be scanned using Windows system files. This also shows that Office-relevant files are missing from Program folders. It has been encountered with any kind of the clean-up programs, and system restores will help you to fix the issues.