This article describes an error code 0xC004C4AE. There are some cases which have been discussed related to office product activation and office licensing related issues due to the hardware changes. If more no of activations are being done by using the same product key, it may cause windows product activation issues.
Applicable to the following Operating systems:-
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows server 2019
- Windows server 2021
More about 0xC004C4AE windows update error: –
Another Error code 0xC004AE explained along with this above error 0xC004B008. If the activation server denies the activation error entered, this could result in the above error code 0xC004C4AE. Common issues related to activation are an unauthorized key entry.
0xC004C4AE Troubleshooting: –
Basic troubleshooting starts with checking the system date and time. There could be network challenges due to Internet connectivity issues. If the time zone is fixed incorrectly, the system cannot be recognized by Microsoft office servers. Make it your local time zone from where you are trying to activate office or Windows.
In other words, the activation keys are blocked, trying to take the assistance of a technician here. So that we can track the office product keys on Microsoft Product code activation pages to verify the validity.
Few troubleshooting steps suggest the following:
- Clean temporary files
- Clean booting of your computer
- Run a Sfc scan.
- Ping the network stats with the Microsoft office Servers.
- Make sure there is no proxy connection behind your internet.
- Repair your program or Operating systems.
Clean temporary Files:
- Open Run (windows key + R KEY)
- Type in %temp% and press enter key.
- Select all (CTRL+A) and delete all files (SHIFT +DELETE )
Clean booting of your computer:
- Open Run command window (windows key + R)
- Type MS config and press enter,
- Go to General Tabs and choose “selective start-up ” from these options
- Uncheck “load start-up items “,
- Then go to “services “tab from these top menu selection,
- Tick on Hide all Microsoft Services and then press on Disable all tab.
Press the Start-up tab. Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the status bar, right-click each enabled start-up item and select Disable and press OK.
- Now restart your computer,
After completing your troubleshooting, restart your computer by doing exactly opposite to the above steps like Enabling all services in 5th and 8th steps are enabling all services that you want to start automatically (like OneNote, skype, email etc. ) when your computer starts.
Run SFC scan:
- Open cmd as administrator,
- Type in Sfc /scannow and click enter, then wait for its completion.
It will take some time to complete the scanning process, if it shows any errors in the results you need to do proper action suitable to this error code 0xC004B008.
The Sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files and replace corrupted office files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system office folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note: we cannot close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
Ping the network stats with the Microsoft office Servers:
It is a preliminary check to test the network when it comes to a press to run versions of Office program installation or updates would need an open network to make the client receive the updates.
It is tested by using the command prompt.
once we can open command prompt window, type the following command line.
ns lookup office365.com
you can replace office365 with your versions.
The resultant should be the address of Microsoft office servers.
Make sure no proxy connection behind your internet:
Proxy fix connections are used to hide this original IP address from hackers. This internet protection is widely used by the company networks. The proxy server should be configured by the network admins to route the office server IP address. If not, the proxy should be temporarily disabled.
Repair your program or Operating systems:
In windows 10 Resetting your computer is a simple task,
Follow the steps to repair your computer operating system.
- Go to windows search bar left side of the bottom corner (Cortana search bar now)
- Type in “Reset” you can directly find Setting for restarting your computer.
- Then under the RESET PC, press on get started button to proceed.
- There are two options to keep your office files and complete clean. (You must take backup of your desktop files, pictures, downloads, documents before proceeding to complete clean-up.)
- After restart, you may do office updates cleanly without any issues. This resetting process takes time so please do it when you don’t have any urgent work with your computer.
- Also, it is applicable for Microsoft Office and its versions. If the office programs are provided to you by IT persons in your company, please recall the previous emails and check your product keys. In case it is purchased for personal use, cross check if the office programs are showing their validity under your Microsoft account.
If you have any trouble with username or password, make sure to use the Forgot password to fix the forgotten Microsoft Passwords on the page.
For any additional technical support, please initiate a chat with our Support Professionals, We are experts to resolving Microsoft Office or Windows related issues.
Chat with our technician to fix your windows activation issues Now!