If you facing a problem in opening the outlook app in office 2021 or receiving “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window” error messages.
In this article, we will discuss on how to fix this problem for you and how to use the troubleshooting steps to help resolve this opening issues and concerns.
How to Fix Outlook App Not Opening Issue?
1.Start outlook in the safe mode and disable add-ins
To do this,
- 1. Firstly, choose Start > Run.
- 2. Secondly, type Outlook /safe, and click OK.
- 3. After that, in the Choose Profiles dialog box, accept the default setting of Outlook and click OK.
- 4. Finally, enter your password and click on Accept button.
2. Create a new outlook profile to Fix Outlook App Not Opening
1. Firstly, choose Start, and then type Control Panel.
2.Secondly, choose Show Profiles > Add.
3. Thirdly, in the Profile Name box, type the name you want to use for your new profile.
4. After that, on the Auto Account Setup page for the Add Account Wizard, fill in Your Name, E-mail Address, and Password, and then click Next.
5. Finally, choose Finish and you’ll find the new profile name you added listed on the General tab in the Mail dialog box.
3. Repair your outlook data files
Outlook stores all your email messages, meetings and events, contacts, and tasks in data files. These files occasionally might become corrupted.
Similarly, you can run the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) to scan your Outlook data files and repair errors.
The navigation pane is the leftmost pane in Outlook where you’ll find your folder list and the icons to move between Mail, Calendar, People, and Tasks.
Running the /resetnavpane command removes all customizations to the navigation pane.
5. Also check if the outlook is running in the compatibility mode
Compatibility mode is designed to help a program run on an older operating system. If Outlook is running in compatibility mode, you can turn that off and see if it fixes the problem.
- 1 How to Fix Outlook App Not Opening Issue?
- 1.1 1.Start outlook in the safe mode and disable add-ins
- 1.2 2. Create a new outlook profile to Fix Outlook App Not Opening
- 1.3 3. Repair your outlook data files
- 1.4 4. Run the /resetnavpane command to fix Outlook App Not Opening
- 1.5 5. Also check if the outlook is running in the compatibility mode
- 1.6 If you are still not able to solve this problem, we advise you to chat with our Technical Support I am sure they will help you better in solving your concern.