This article describes the Microsoft Office error code 30088-28 solutions. Many users have trouble in repairing or installing office programs on Windows and MAC computers. The majority of issues are due to the Office licensing, Windows updates, insufficient system resources like disk space, internet connectivity, etc. So this article provides the solution for office issues related to office update error code 30088-28 office 365/2021.
Office 2021 Error Code 30088-28 returns following error messages
- Something went wrong Error code 30088-28 Go online for additional help
- Office is Busy, there is a problem starting the Office Installation
- We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program
- Sorry installation can’t continue because no compatible office products are detected
- We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of files required to install your office product
- Internet connection needed.
- Background installation ran into a problem
Something Went Wrong Error Code 30088-28 Go online for additional help
When trying to start an Office application, you will get this error stating “Something went wrong“. If the operating system is unable to add and/or remove the products that you are requesting, it requests you to verify file’s signature that required is to install office 2021/365/2019 product. Usually, returns error code series 300XX, 1xxx series depends on the cause of the issue.
Office is Busy, There is a problem starting the Office Installation
The error “Office is Busy” appears when you try to open any office program like word ,excel etc, and the office is already in progress. It gives a message “we are either updating or helping you add/ or remove some programs.
We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program
We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program is a common error in a windows operating system that causes due to failed services of a program. If there are Windows Installer services found to be not working, then you cannot install an Microsoft Office 365/2021 product.
Sorry, We Ran into a Problem Error Code 30088-28
Sorry installation can’t continue because no compatible office products are detect. A Microsoft Windows Operating system is released in two different bit versions depending on the hardware architecture such like 32 and 64. It is required to install relevant versions of office suitable for the Windows Operating systems. In case of any mismatch in the versions selected, you can see this error message that says no compatible office products are detected.
We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of files required to install your office product
An Office product package is available in different forms like a disc or a click to run. In the case of a disc failure, you might see this We are Sorry, But We Can’t Verify the Signature error message which says signatures of files required to install the office 365/2021 product.
Internet connection needed to fix the Office error code 30088-28
While you are performing the online repair for your office product this error “Internet Connection Needed” message may occur due to internet problems. You can do a quick offline repair. Also, Installation of Microsoft Office requires an internet connection depending on the version.
The latest Microsoft 365 suite comes with a click to run version which is a small setup file when you click on it, that would start the Office installation by downloading all the required files for the program. In the case of an intermittent connection or some connectivity failures, you might end up seeing this error 30088-28.
Background Installation ran into a problem
Background Installation Ran into a Problem generally pops up when the Office program related files are corrupted. In addition, we need to check for malware or virus related issues on your computer.
Unable to start Office program
This message “Unable to start Office program” explains that the program has been stopped by your Windows. The computer must be scanned using Windows system file scan process. This also shows that Office related files are missing from Program folders. If this happened recently with any of your clean-up programs, a system restore could help you to fix the same.
Diagnose Your Computer to Fix the Error Code 30088-28
There will be a log for every action on your computer which records all the events. It is term as an Event viewer. This is a Windows Inbuilt program under system tools, it provides all the information for the problem causing keys. This could cause due to the failure with your Windows related services and the executable file is unable to read the required files when you try installing Office 365/2021/2019. There may be issues with the start up programs which can be checked under System Configuration.
Perform System File Scan to fix this Error Code 30088-28
System file scan in short SFC Scan is windows inbuilt program to fix altered/modified and damaged files of the operating system. It can fix several update failures, other violations done by several mismatch files. To Run system file scan in your windows operating system, first Open command prompt (CMD) in admin mode and Run the command SFC/SCANNOW
If you see any file violations still existing after the scan then move to Event viewer to check what has cause the office error code 30088-28. Watch video to know how to perform SFC SCAN to fix office 365/2021 error code 30088-28.
How to use Event Viewer to Check Office Error Logs?
1. Click on a Start button
2. Type “RUN” and open the Run command prompt
3. Type “EVENTVWR” and press enter key to open Eventvwr logs
4. Double click on “Windows Logs” from the left-side panel and select “Application”
5. Now you can see many logs in the Centre Panel
6. Filter the logs to find office related issues and warnings by selecting Filter current log option from the Right side panel
Find any critical, error logs the caused error code 30088-28. If you can’t find any reasons for the issues then just take a chance to do a clean installation to save your time.
Quick Ways to Fix the Error Code 30088-28 Office 365
Sometimes office won’t install due to several reasons like internet connectivity, dependencies for the product or any virus that affect your computer files etc. Then all you have to do is clean installation by removing traces of office program files exist from previous versions or by multiple microsoft 365 installation trails by you due to several errors.
Remove Temporary Files
Under normal conditions, these files are closed and deleted by Windows when you quit a Windows session. To Remove Temporary Files, Follow These Steps,
- Click on windows start button + “R” to open the run command window.
- Type “%temp%” and click on the enter button, this leads to a window with temp files and folders.
- Select all (CTRL+A) “Shift + Delete” to remove permanently,
There may be some files requires admin permission to remove. For instance, just click on OK. Only a few files cant be delete because of there are some application might be using them internally. Skip those files.
Error Code 30088-28 Fix by Removing Office Traces from Program Files
In some cases, Office installation may stop because of several reasons like slow internet, server issues etc. Then your machine creates some of files required to office 365/20121/2019 product.
When you try to re-install this time, You may see issues like these type of error code 30088-28 and different series base on the reason of failure.
You have to delete these Office traces from the computer before trying re-installation process of office 365/2021/2019.
Repair or Uninstall Office Program
- Go to control panel from start button, Select Programs and features there to reach a list of installed programs on your computer. (In windows 10 you can just type “Programs and features in the Cortana search bar beside windows start logo)
- From the list, search for Microsoft Office product and click on Change
- A window will open like here showing Add, Repair, Remove options
- Then proceed to with repair and wait for sometimes. Once the repair is successful you are ready to use Microsoft office product again.
- To uninstall follow the first 4 steps from repair process, and choose to Remove instead of repair.
IMPORTANT:. It’s impossible to uninstall office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher etc) individually from total office 365 product. The only way to uninstall an individual app is if you purchase it as a stand-alone version.
Installing Office Product to fix this error code 30088-28
- Once you have done the Un-Installation part, now do a clean office installation
- Login to your Microsoft office account www.office.com/signin
- Go to your dashboard to see the product you purchased
- Select “Install Office” option and then let it download, (You may see click Save, Run, Setup, or Save File depends on browser type, select “Save” for future purpose)
- In the same vein, Go to downloads in your computer and Double click on office setup file to install
If the error code 30088-28 still persists then try an advance registry fix if you are familiar with it.
Windows Registry Fix for the Error code 30088-28
The registry in Windows is a console that shows the structure of your Windows Operating system and it’s internal programs. To sum up, the Hexa codes inside the registry may change due to some unwanted conflicting programs which use the same resources.
To fix the Error Code 30088-28 in office 365/2019 you need to delete the alter Office Registry keys or remove and re-create the keys with previous values. (HEXA CODE or H-KEYS). If you are still not able to resolve this error contact with our Technician to fix it.
Note: Don’t do Registry changes if you are not aware of the structure, as it damages applications with one single change. Sometimes damages your computer operating system too.
Take a support from Online experts regarding any unresolved issues on your computer. As a result, chat with our Technician to fix your computer issues Now!
- 1 Office 2021 Error Code 30088-28 returns following error messages
- 1.1 Something Went Wrong Error Code 30088-28 Go online for additional help
- 1.2 Office is Busy, There is a problem starting the Office Installation
- 1.3 We are sorry, but we are unable to start your program
- 1.4 Sorry, We Ran into a Problem Error Code 30088-28
- 1.5 We are sorry, but we can’t verify the signature of files required to install your office product
- 1.6 Internet connection needed to fix the Office error code 30088-28
- 1.7 Background Installation ran into a problem
- 1.8 Unable to start Office program
- 2 Diagnose Your Computer to Fix the Error Code 30088-28
- 3 Quick Ways to Fix the Error Code 30088-28 Office 365