This article describes an error code 0x4004f00c. There are cases which have been discussed related to product activation and licensing related issues due to the hardware changes. If more no of activation are being done using the same product key, it may cause office product activation issues.
Applicable to the following Operating systems:-
- Office 365,
- Office 2010,2013,2016
- Diagnose your computer to fix error code
There are few ironically shown Office error codes that require immediate action. There will be a log for every action on your computer which records all the events. It is termed as an Event viewer. This is a Windows Inbuilt program under system tools, it provides all the information for the problem causing keys.
Perform system file scan:-
System file scan in short SFC scan is windows inbuilt program to fix altered/modified and damaged files of the operating system. It can fix several updates failures, other violations done by several mismatched files.
To Run system file scan in your windows operating system, first Open command prompt (CMD) in admin mode and Run the command SFC/SCANNOW
Office error codes also can be fixed with this scan if they are not damaged much. If you see any file violations still exists after the scan then move to Event viewer to check what has caused the office error code 0x4004f00c . Watch video to know how to perform SFC SCAN to fix office error code 0x4004f00c.
How to use Event viewer to check office error logs:-
Type “RUN” and open the Run command prompt.
Type “EVENTVWR” and press enter key to open Eventvwr logs.
Double click on “windows logs” from the left-side panel and select “application “.
Now you can see many logs in the center panel.
Filter the logs to find office related issues and warnings by selecting Filter current log option from the Right side panel.
7. Find any critical, error logs the caused error code 0x4004f00c .
If you can’t find any reasons for the issues then just take a chance to do a clean installation to save your time.
Basic troubleshooting start with the checking of system date and time. There could be network challenges due to Intermittent connectivity issues. If the time zone is set incorrectly, the system cannot be recognized by Microsoft servers. Make it your local time zone from where you are trying to activate Office or Windows.
In other words, the activation keys are blocked, try to take the assistance of a technician here. So that we can track the product keys on Microsoft Product code activation pages to verify the validity.
Few troubleshooting steps suggest the following:
- Remove temporary files
- Clean the previous version of office
- Repair/uninstall office
- Install the office program again
- Windows registry fix
Sometimes the office won’t install due to several reasons like internet connectivity, dependencies for the product or any virus that affected your computer files, etc. Then all you have to do a clean installation by removing traces of office program files existed from previous versions or by multiple office installation trails by you due to several errors.
Remove Temporary Files:-
In the process of installing office or any product on your windows machines, there are so many files gets created which are meant for temporary purpose for memory management, within application purposes like MDI, etc.
Under normal conditions, these files are closed and deleted by Windows when you quit a Windows session. However, if you quit Windows in an irregular way (for example, restarting the computer or turning it off during an active Windows session) the files are not closed or deleted.
To remove temporary files, Follow these steps,
- Click on windows start button + “R” to open the run command window.
- Type “%temp%” and click on the enter button, this leads to a window with temp files and folders.
- Select all (CTRL+A) “Shift + Delete” to remove permanently,
There may be some files requires admin permission to remove, Just click on ok. Only a few files can’t be deleted because there are some application might be using them internally. Skip those files.
Error code 0x4004f00c Fix- by removing Office traces from Program files:-
In some cases, Office installation may stop because of several reasons like slow internet, server issues, etc. Then your machine creates some of files required to office 365/2010/2016 product.
When you try to re-install this time, you may see issues like these type of error code 0x4004f00c and different series based on the reason of failure.
You have to delete these Office traces from the computer before trying the re-installation process.
Repair/Uninstall office program: –
Applies To: Office 2016, Office for business, Office 365 Admin, Office 365 Small Business Admin, Office 2013
For Windows 8 / Windows 8.1/10:-
- Select Programs and features there to reach a list of installed programs on your computer. (In Windows 10 you can just type “programs and features in the Cortana search bar beside windows start logo)
- From the list, search for Microsoft Office product and click on Change
- A window will open like here showing Add, Repair, Remove options
- Then proceed to repair and wait for sometimes. Once the repair is successful you are ready to use Microsoft office product again.
To uninstall follow the first 4 steps from the repair process, and choose to Remove instead of repair.
IMPORTANT:. It’s impossible to uninstall office applications (word, excel, publisher etc) individually from total office product. The only way to uninstall an individual app is if you purchased it as a stand-alone version.
Installing Office Product:-
Once you have done the uninstallation part, now do a clean installation.
- Login to your Microsoft office account www.office.com/signin
- Go to your dashboard to see the product you purchased.
- Select “Install Office “ option and then let it download, (you may see click Save, Run, Setup, or Save File depends on browser type, select “save” for future purpose)
- Go to downloads in your computer and Double click on office setup file to install.
If the error code 0x4004f00c still persists then try an advanced registry fix if you are familiar with it.
Windows Registry Fix:-
The registry in Windows is a console that shows the structure of your Windows Operating system and it’s internal programs. The Hexa codes inside the registry may change due to some unwanted conflicting programs which use the same resources.
To fix the error code 0x4004f00c in office 365/2010/2016 you need to delete the altered Office Registry keys or remove and re-create the keys with previous values. (HEXA CODE or H-KEYS).
Note: Don’t do Registry changes if you are not aware of the structure, as it damages applications with one single change. Sometimes damages your computer operating system too.
Take support from Online experts regarding any unresolved issues on your computer.
Related issues to error code 0x4004f00c in Office 365, 2010/2013 :
- 1 Perform system file scan:-
- 2 How to use Event viewer to check office error logs:-
- 3 Remove Temporary Files:-
- 4 Error code 0x4004f00c Fix- by removing Office traces from Program files:-
- 5 Repair/Uninstall office program: –
- 6 Windows Registry Fix:-